Thursday, March 06, 2008

ice cream

I was craving ice cream last night. No, I'm not pregnant- although my belly would appear that I'm pregnant due to eating too much ice cream. Anywho, I decided to go to Walgreens down the street to pick up some ice cream. Normally, I would stop at the local ice cream place but as of late, they have been running out (and not restocking) key ingredients. The last 2 times I went there, I was going to get a Strawberry Banana smoothie for Malik and they were out of strawberries. I also like to order a pecan ball which is vanilla ice cream covered in pecans but the last 3 times I've gone, they've been out of balls. So, in order to spare myself the disappointment, I just skip the ice cream place and go to Walgreens.
I decide to pick up something for Malik too. God forbid he have any of my ice cream. So, I'm walking out of the ice cream aisle juggling 3 pints of ice cream. Ok ok, I got an extra one just in case I didn't like the Ben & Jerry's Half Baked. Two rather feminine gentleman turn down the aisle walking towards me. One looks at me and says, "Well aren't you lovely?" (I find this funny as I'm juggling 3 pints of ice cream). I responded, "Thank you!". And he said, "Don't thank me, honey, thank your parents." Alrighty then. Mom, Dad- thanks!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

The ice cream place is out of key ingredients? Would those ingredients be ice and cream? That was my first thought but then I continued reading and learned that the ice cream place you like to frequent is out of balls. OUT. OF. BALLS. Interesting.

MissIker said...

Well, PECAN balls .. but yes, balls none the less.

Jenny said...

Tee Hee. You said balls again!!

Anonymous said...

So were they out of the balls, or out of the pecans? I thought the balls were just ice cream covered in nuts (balls & nuts), so if that is the missing ingredient, I'm pretty sure they're selling something other than ice cream.
- "Come here Vermilya"

MissIker said...

See, that is what boggles my mind- they still have the vanilla ice cream AND they still have the pecans in stock. They just don't have the ice cream balls wrapped in the pecans. So, my questions is "can't you just stick some nuts on those balls?"

Anonymous said...

If I had a nickel...
- knarf