Thursday, February 14, 2008

when good deeds go bad

As I approached the counter at Starbucks this morning, I was pleasantly surprised that their was only one person in line. This person however was standing at the cash register with her purse open, wallet on top, and saying something to the barista making her drink. When I got closer, I heard the customer ask if they could break a $100 bill. (sidenote: who takes $100 to Starbucks for a $3 coffee?) The girl working the register said that they couldn't break the bill. The barista then chimes in with a laundry list of other forms of payment they could accept: credit card, personal check.. (sidenote: you're an asshole if you ever write a check for a Starbucks coffee. I'm just saying- don't let me get stuck in line behind you while you're writing a check for coffee on your pink, kitten checks.) Anywho, the customer had no other form of payment so I offered to buy her drink. Ok ok - so my impatience of waiting in line is coming across as a good deed- is that so bad? I just wanted to buy her drink so I could get my damn coffee. So, she's all 'that's so nice. thank you so much. happy valentine's day' yadda yadda yadda. I proceed to order my drink. The barista steps over to the cash register and says, "That was really nice of you, we'll take care of the drink." Yep, she said drink. Not drinks. The bitch comped the other lady's drink and let me pay for mine. How kind. Way to pay it forward, biatch.

8 comments:

lethes said...

that is hilarious.
wait. is that me enjoying your misfortune again? DARNIT!

Anonymous said...

One of those queer three dollar bills would've come in handy.
- knarf

Jennifer said...

Three dollars? What you buy at Starbucks for 3 bucks, a thimble full of coffee???
Visit thekidfrombrooklyn.com and he'll tell you how he feels about Starbucks! =)

Ikes said...

Wow...now I know how to get a free cup of coffee at Starbucks. That was rediculous.

Was there a three dollar bill created? I thought there were two dollar bills but I don't know nothing about three dollar bills.

Susan Slawter said...

I can quit laughing and coughing! Is that cloughing??? I am feeling better and we need to go out this weekend...drinks on me!!!

Susan Slawter said...

I forgot to say...I have plenty of $3 bills!!!

Anonymous said...

So kitten checks are bad...right?
-knarf

Anonymous said...

We are all patiently awaiting the next blog entry, Em, and it has now been quite some time. I know that something hilarious has to have happened to you in the last two weeks. Let's hear it.
- The World Population