Thursday, December 06, 2007

All Night Long

Time at home during the Thanksgiving holiday, always means a trip to the Old Fort Pub or just "The Pub" as us locals like to call it. Well, I'm not a local anymore but I can still claim that status after living in Fort T for over 25 years of my life. My friend Jenny and I headed to The Pub the Friday after Thanksgiving. Thank goodness some of our high school classmates were there and even some older than us. It always proves awkward when one is hanging out at The Pub with kids that were in like 6th grade when you graduated high school.
Anyway, so my brother came up and I ended up hanging out with him and some of his high school friends. The drinks were flowing. Two guys that went to our high school, Ben and Brendan, were the musical talent that night. After I was pretty well buzzed, Ben and Brendan played "All Night Long" by Lionel Richie. Me, my brother, our friend Frank (also known as Knarf), and Frank's girlfriend were badly dancing to "All Night Long". Then we all started yelling "Oh jambo jumbo!" from the song. We began interjecting "Oh jambo jumbo!" into every song there after.
sidenote: Frank is going to law school. I just got promoted at my job and now I'm a legal secretary.
Meanwhile, back at The Pub: Frank says to me that I should move back home and be his secretary at his law firm. He said when he walks in the office in the morning, I will ask how he is and he will say "Oh jambo jumbo!"
Always good times at the Old Fort Pub.

3 comments:

knarf said...

I made it on the blog. I knew I would. I just knew it, in my heart, in my mind, and in my soul. I love you all.

Ikes said...

Frank left me a voicemail that started from the begining of "All Night Long" and then just before Jumbo-Jumbo he says "here it comes, Jeff!" and then the voicemail ends after about 2 minutes of Lionel...I didn't even get to hear JUMBO JAMBO! Good effort KNARF!

knarf said...

Cingular wins once again...it will be the end of me. Hello Cincinnati Bell, you would never steal my puchlines, would you my pretty pet?