Monday, September 10, 2007

like father, like daughter

Most of you don't know this because I just found out recently myself that my dad almost passed out when I was born. (love you, Pop!) If I remember correctly, he sort of started to slide down the wall while my mom was in labor.
Now, I claim to be a pretty tough gal. Physically, anyways. So, last week I went to the dermatologist to get my moles checked just to make sure I wasn't sporting any weird moley, moley moles (click the link) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvxe04wGmTw.
During my exam I told the doc that I had a "different" looking mole on my thigh. It didn't look like any of the other moles that I have. She took a look and said that it didn't look like anything serious but she would take it off if I wanted her too. If I wanted her to? Shouldn't that be your decision, doc? I have a hard enough time picking out what socks to wear and you're asking me if I want a mole removed? She said she would go ahead and take it off.
So, the nurse numbed a tiny area of my thigh and I was sliced and diced. 30 seconds later- mole removed, 1 stitch in the thigh. Yes, 1 stitch. I turned to look at my wound at this point and the nurse, who was busy cleaning up, started telling me what I needed to do to take care of my "wound". And.... I passed out.

1 comment:

Susan Slawter said...

Em,

That isn't a mole...it is a beauty mark!!! Visit my new blog! I can't fiqure out how to get to it...http://myownbeautymark.blogspot.com i think! Hit me up and let me know what ya think! I love you! Now we reall are going to have to fight off the paparazzi!!!!

Susan