Monday, June 25, 2007

deep thoughts


It is not too often that I have deep thoughts. And while it is extremely rare that I have deep thoughts, it is even more scarce that I post such thoughts on my blog. However, as Malik and I were on our way to the movies last night, we drove past House of Chan restaurant. And I thought how great it is that we live in a country where we don't all look the same. We have different cultures that we can interact with first hand. We can choose from any number of cuisines- next to House of Chan there is an Olive Garden and a Taco Bell! Not that any of those restaurants fairly represent cuisines from different cultures but ... I am grateful to live in a country where we're not a cookie cutter race. Ok- done with the deep thought. It hurt alittle.


I bought a digital camera this weekend. I'm so excited. I've taken a couple pictures which I'm sure you will soon see on this here blog.


Malik and I went to a work picnic on Saturday evening. We had a great time. Malik, the party animal that he is, just could not be contained.


Thrilled.

4 comments:

lethes said...

for a minute there, i thought i was reading MY blog. haha
i'm so glad you got a digital camera!! happy bday to you, right?

JenNY said...

Deep thought, eh? I'll have to start calling you Jack Handy.....

"If you ever fall off the Sears Tower, just go real limp, because maybe you'll look like a dummy and people will try to catch you because, hey, free dummy."

Mom said...

Good for you for getting a new camera. If you keep getting more great pictures like the one of Malik, it will be such a "well worth it" purchase. Can't wait for more photos.

Ikes said...

Free Dummy! That's great.

See you in a couple weeks!