Tuesday, May 22, 2007

a heart attack on a plate


I promise I will stop with the crazy pictures. I couldn't resist this one, though. So, I'm trying to get back into cooking. I'm sorry. I can't concentrate. What in the hell is going on in this picture? Why is that man wearing a helmet?
Anyway, Malik bought a George Foreman Grill and I figured I can handle cooking on George. I was looking for recipes online yesterday that are specific to George. I found a recipe for frisco melts which is the sandwich that I get at Steak n Shake. I just happened to see the nutritional information on Steak n Shake's frisco melt. You ready for this folks? 93 GRAMS OF FAT. Yep. In one sandwich. What is that? A fat allowance for a week? Anyway, I made a much much leaner version of the frisco melt for dinner last night. It was mighty tasty. I made Malik wear his helmet while he ate it though.

5 comments:

lethes said...

i don't know what to respond to.
the helmet?
the cheeseburger?
the fat grams of a steak n shake frisco melt?

i'm just overwhelmed.

Beth said...

I always eat my food with a helmet on, don't you??

Ikes said...

My blood pressure was 144/90 today...that's almost dead...I have to quit eating the Frisco Burgers...you should too...WE ALL SHOULD!!

JenNY said...

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGHHHHHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot stop laughing at this guy!! Why in the name of all things holy must he wear a helmet while eating that deathburger?!?!

lethes said...

seriously. if you don't post something different i'm going to have to go order a cheeseburger. and a helmet.