Friday, March 16, 2007

my advice

My place of employment is hiring and they ask me to be directly involved in the interviewing process. Over the past couple days, 6 candidates have come through. In meeting with them, I have a few thoughts.
1. Don't wear your new spring dress and sandals to an interview. This ain't Easter, honey, its a job interview.
2. If someone gives you a ride to your interview, do not invite your ride to come in to the office with you. And furthermore, when the office manager offers you a beverage, do not yell to your ride to ask if they want a drink. This ain't a bar, honey, its a job interview.
3. Do actively listen when I'm speaking to you. Do not, however, interrupt me mid sentence to say, "yea. uh-huh. ok." Let me finish my thought, then you can pretend like you're listening to me.
4. While I am telling you about the position and showing you around the office, do not interrupt me to ask "who does your eyebrows?"

Are.You.Kidding.Me?

2 comments:

Cincy Girl at Heart said...

Who does your eyebrows??? Are you F'ing kidding me?!?!

miker said...

So . . . Who does your eyebrows?