Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Things I hate....

I hate when it rains from Cincinnati to Atlanta and doesn't stop. (For those of you playing along at home, that would be 6 1/2 hours of driving in continuous rain)
I hate that I can never figure out the perfect interval speed for the wind shield wipers and that I can never, ever seem to figure out how to defog a windshield properly.
I hate when I stop to get gas in BFE, Tennessee and to my left is a tanker truck blocking the left exit and to my right is an old man who conveniently decides to back into a parking spot but only backs in 1/3rd of the way and is blocking the right exit. Fabulous.
I hate, while sitting at a sushi bar, the waiter, who keeps saying, "I'm sorry. I have short arms" keeps reaching past me, while putting his armpit in my face, to get sushi for his tables.

... but I do like seeing my friends and family, so its all worth it. ;)

5 comments:

Beth said...

You didn't tell me you were in town, I am upset!

MissIker said...

To everyone that is mad because I didn't tell them I was in town: I drove from ATL to Louisville on Saturday. Drove to Fort T early afternoon Sunday. Took a 3 hour nap. Barely got up in time to make it to dinner with my family. Hung out with my family until 10:30pm. Went to bed. Got up early and drove back to ATL on Monday. I promise I will make a point to see everyone on my next trip.

Mom said...

It was well worth all that driving to be able to have a great time singing the songs of the seventies. Felt like a scene from the Walton's. You will feel so good when that certain someone comes out with a number one CD and you'll know you had a hand in picking the songs. AND I HELPED!! Sweet.
Love, MOM

Ikes said...

I can't figure out who this "MOM" person is...Is she talking about Barry Manilow? WOW!!!...I just thought of something...his initials are BM! That sucks! It was good to see you too...Hey...New song..."I'm dreaming of a White Birthday."

lethes said...

Last night, Jesse and I went out for sushi. I saw our friendly waiter, and said, "Oh my gosh, the last time I was here with Emily and Mira, that guy..." and Jesse says, "So that's who she's talking about on her blog!" and I said, "but it's oh so much better when you hear it from his squeaky voice."
A few minutes later, our favorite waiter started talking right behind Jesse.
He almost choked up a TJ roll.