Wednesday, December 27, 2006

If you like pina coladas...


Well, Christmas weekend in Cincinnati was a whirl. Lesson learned: Sunday Night Fever at Annies should be renamed Thug Teen Party. We couldn't even turn into Annies because there were so many cars cruising on the street, in the parking lot, in the grassy knoll across the street... all dressed up for a night out so Susan and I ... went ... home. Fabulous.

Sunday began at grandma and grandpa Ikers'. My grandma is having some serious memory problems so she was asking my grandpa who was in the kitchen. He said that Steve, Shelly, and Emily were in the kitchen. I, however, had moved seats and was not in the kitchen, I was sitting next to my grandpa in the living room. I wasn't going to say anything- didn't want to confuse anyone further. So, my grandma realizes that I am sitting across from her in the living room, and thinks that my grandpa is trying to trick her. She then (jokingly) says, out of frustration, "I should've divorced you a long time ago!" Jeez. I should've gone in the kitchen.

Monday, Christmas day, began with 10am mass and of course, mom and I manage to sit by the fast talker at church. Does every church have one of these fast talkers? Or are we the only ones that are blessed? Fast talkers are the ones that don't say the prayers with the congregation, they say everything real fast. Its like a contest to really, really challenge one's concentration. And if fast talker is successful in throwing people off around her, one side of the church is speaking faster than the other. Oh... its something to be heard. Really.

Monday at Grandpa Petracco's consisted of bourbon slushes and pina coladas. You know, I always say, nothing says Christmas like a pina colada. Instead of an umbrella, we should've put a poinsettia in it. Lovely. After a few drinks, karaoke followed. You know I was wrong- nothing says Christmas like pina coladas FOLLOWED by karaoke. Yikes. Well, I had to participate so I sang "Mountain Music" by Alabama (great Christmas song, I know)

3 comments:

Ikes said...

What an f'd up christmas...:-). I can't believe how expensive cologne has gotten!

lethes said...

i don't know what's funnier -- your grandma threatening your grandma with a divorce OR the idea of a pina colada at christmas (w/ a poinsetta)

however - what isn't funny - is a ruined night of dancing. daggone teenagers!

miss you.

Ikes said...

I got a car for Christmas...

But I bought it...It didn't come with an iPod...which would have been cool...cause there is an MP3 plug in the factory CD/RADIO