Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I know my graphics suck...

Hello friends. I'm sorry I don't have any neat graphics to go with my post today. I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. I spent Thanksgiving with Malik's family. I met aunts, uncles, cousins, grandma... everyone was really nice and very welcoming to me. One of their family traditions is to play spoons. (For some reason everytime I tell this story, people ask if I'm talking about playing spoons on one's thigh- like a musical instrument. Ok. No.) My family used to play spoons too and we would sit a the dining room table, put the spoons in the middle of the table and pass the cards. So, I thought I was good to go with playing spoons with Malik's family until they started moving furniture out of the way in the living room. Huh? Everyone starts to sit on the floor in a circle, the game starts and I soon realize why we are sitting on the floor. As soon as someone grabs a spoon, people start lunging at each other and tackling each other trying to get spoons from people. Oh My God- what have I gotten myself into? So, I grab for a spoon and scream the whole time. No one touches me. I lasted 4 rounds and managed to make it out with my limbs and my life.

What does my basketball graphic have to do with Thanksgiving? Absolutely nothing. (Smooth transition)

I went and watched Malik play basketball last night. He has an amazing talent. I really love watching him play. At the end of the game, he dunked on someone. The gym went crazy! I just smiled and shook my head. I really wish that I could've seen him play in college.


6 comments:

lethes said...

Then Mase ran out onto the court, and you just shook your head and smiled, and thought, "Man, I danced to your music a lot in college."

MissIker said...

Man, you're funny Ms. Leath.

Jesse Osbourne said...

umm.

what?

lethes said...

rebecca laughed outloud when she read your blog. i mean, lotsa laughing. she thinks you should write a book. i agree. :)...
but you might need to work on your transitions. heehee

MissIker said...

Well instead of transitioning, I will just make a new chapter. Eh? eh?
I will dedicate my book to my favorite English teacher (que all of my high school English teachers thinking its them that I am dedicating my book to)... Ms. Coury Leathers!

MissIker said...

And I meant 'cue' not 'que'. Great! Forgive me, friend.